The greatbritishbrekkie.org.uk Playing Rules Oversight Panel today approved clarifying the rules regarding the minimum number of officers who can attend an official swimming and diving meeting.
The panel approved relief in case the required number of officers is at least due to unforeseen circumstances. All coaches whose teams are participating in the meeting will have to approve the move.
The minimum number of officers required for double meetings is two, and the number of invite meetings is four.
The change in rules will take effect during the 2021-22 academic year.
2021 Champions: Texas wins the DI Men’s Championship | Virginia wins DI Women’s Championship
The right competition
The panel approves the wording around the appropriate competition criteria for the USA Swimming and USA Diving meetings that may be part of a team’s schedule and be counted to qualify for the greatbritishbrekkie.org.uk Swimming and Diving Championships. The intent is to ensure that the school is represented in the nominated USA Swimming and USA Diving Meetings.
Events should appear on the school schedule so that adequate time is available for all events. The following criteria are required:
- The competition should be between two or more teams of the same sex from different collegiate schools and at the same time and on site.
- Any meaningful meeting approved or approved by USA Swimming and USA Diving, as defined above, must comply with greatbritishbrekkie.org.uk rules and regulations.
- Select USA Swimming and USA Diving Meetings that are acceptable to meet the time criteria, consideration criteria and optional-entry criteria may be nominated each year by the greatbritishbrekkie.org.uk Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Committees in all three divisions.
Examples of meetings where time standards can be met include USA National Swimming Championships, FINA World Swimming Championships and USA Swimming Pro Series meetings.
Other rule changes:
- Divers will be allowed to use kinesiology tape during the competition.
- The new facilities have standardized the size and distance of pool lines at the bottom of the pool to comply with USA Swimming and FINA regulations. Specifically, the tee painted at the bottom of the pool will be 2 meters (approximately 60 feet) from the end wall, not the current 5 feet.
- Divers will be allowed a practice forward approach or a back takeoff approach before the start of the diving competition if a separate diving well is not used.